My book took two weeks to arrive so I started on the online version, patience has never been a strong point of mine!
The next two blogs are catch-up we are then into realtime!!
First of all it gives you the reason why the method works – quite good common sense, so far so good.
I must point out that this is solely an exercise program (apparently a nutrition guide is following) I personally am very pleased I got to this before the nutritional guide has been published – I’m not a dieter. When I’m on a diet I end up eating more things I shouldn’t than I do normally!
It does have very sensible pointers for optimising your results:
- Eliminate zero nutrition foods – now this I can sort of cope with, sort of, I don’t drink fizzy drinks and eat that much refined sugar anyway. However if I want a slice of cake or piece of chocolate I will have one.
- Stress less – everyone should follow this regardless!
- Cut out toxic drinks – hmmmm I think g&t and the occasional wine sits in the category above and are therefore allowed.
- Stay hydrated – see above, I’m liking this program!
- There are more…
The book does have a four week pre-training program, there is a checklist to see if you should do this… I should, possibly twice…
Ok now I have to record my goals, measure myself and take a photo (yes a photo!).
My goals are:
- For my waist to be less than my inside leg – thankfully I have long legs for my height!
- To be able to do a push-up – this may extend to other exercises once I start the program.
- To fit into the clothes I brought with me to the states – it’s not called the 20lb assignment for nothing, I thought they were joking, apparently not…
My measurements (this is reality and if I’m going to do this you all may as well know):
- Waist 38inches – I cried a little, I may have long legs but they’re not that long!!
- Hips 44inches – I guess that’s the cake, cheese, wine, the list goes on…
- Thighs 23.5inches – I have no idea why thighs are on the list?
Photo, and for this I truly am sorry:
I will confess to owning a running machine, I have never ‘run’ on it, it’s name is Satan and it lives in the basement… I have decided that this shall be my base until I have the confidence to do this outside!
So far in week one of the pre-training I have discovered that walking at 3.8 miles an hour on Satan for 4 minutes more than just warms me up – I’m a delicate shade of puce – I do love the stretches they bring back memories of when I was fit and could see my toes!
The actual workout may only be seven minutes with a break and then another seven minutes but I seriously thought I’d die!!
I have added ‘leg lifts’ and ‘tricep dips’ to the exercises I can’t do… yet!
By the end of the week I can feel my stomach muscles! This is good, I wasn’t sure they existed anymore – you can’t see them but trust me I can feel them!
I also can’t do ‘Russian twists’ I simply don’t balance like that…
I can nearly do a ‘half burpee’ I can jump forward (ish) but have to step back, it’s a start though!
Weekend off – week two next!